About MENACTRIMS MS Centers Certification
In November 2017, MENACTRIMS launched “The MENACTRIMS Multiple Sclerosis Center Certification”. This new level of certification recognizes the achievement of infrastructure, staff, practice guidelines and educational standards to support state-of –the-art care for MS patients in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Providing a framework for organizational structure and management.
- Improving the quality of care provided to patients
- Creating a cohesive efficient clinical team
- Demonstrating commitment to a higher standard of service care
- Recognition of the centers that have specific abilities to diagnose, treat and educate MS patients
- Specialized wheelchair and electric scooter accessible clinic with space for 25 foot walk testing
- Specialized wheelchair accessible infusion center
- Neurologist with sufficient knowledge and experience in caring for multiple sclerosis
- Adherence to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines such as the MENACTRIMS Guidelines
- Nurse(s) with sufficient experience in managing MS patients and administering infusions
- Auxiliary staff (patient care assistants)
- Emergency preparedness including staff training and availability of an emergency carriage
- Advanced MRI capabilities (≥ 1.5 Tesla)
- Provision of at least 2 yearly educational opportunities for medical and paramedical staff
- Participation in clinical research that is approved by IRB
- Standard operating procedures in place for diagnostic procedures, clinical scoring and drug administration
- Maintaining a patient registry, preferably as part of MENACTRIMS Registry
- Affiliation of the MS center with an academic hospital
- Certified MS nurses
- Clinical pharmacist
- Social worker
- Neuro-ophthalmologist (OCT)
The certification process includes onsite inspection of the facilities by 2 external experts appointed by MENACTRIMS to confirm compliance with all the aforementioned requirements. Renewal of the certificate is required every 3 years.
To apply to “The MENACTRIMS Multiple Sclerosis Center Certification” or if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.